If you are thinking about buying a home, you’re in luck. There are five reasons why fall just might be the best time of year to make a home purchase.
Buying a Sacramento Area Home? Search ALL Homes For Sale
Selling Your Sacramento Area Home? Get a FREE Home Value Report
If you think that you’ve run out of time to buy a home this year, think again. There are five reasons why fall might just be the very best time to buy a home:
- October is the best month to snag a deal. Statistics have proven that home buyers are now able to purchase a home for 2.6% less than its market value; that is a better deal than you can get at any other time of the year.
- There is less competition. Just like a beach after Labor Day, when the weather gets crisp, there are fewer people out in the real estate market.
- The holidays are just around the corner. A lot of sellers are worn out after the summer selling season. With the holidays barreling down on them, a lot of sellers are in a rush and want to sell now. That means it’s a great time for you to get into a new home before the end of the year.
- Year-end tax credits. No one wants to purchase a home just to keep their accountant happy, but you can definitely take advantage of year-end tax deductions by purchasing a home before December 31st.
- Interest rates are at an all-time low. Don’t wait for interest rates to increase. Buy now to save money over the life of your mortgage and to get lower monthly payments.
As you can see, fall is a great time to buy a home. If you have any questions about the home buying process or about real estate in general, give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help you!