Though there are a lot of complicated ins and outs in the home buying process, it’s important to avoid making these five common mistakes:
- Don’t skip the home qualification process. Make sure that you are pre-qualified and pre-approved for your mortgage so that you know exactly how much you can afford and what your monthly payments will be.
- Don’t fall blindly in love with a home. It can be very easy to get emotionally involved with a home, but you have to be sure that when it comes time to buy, you make an educated decision rather than an emotional one.
- Don’t wait too long. The market moves fast, so if you find a property that meets your needs, go ahead and make an offer ASAP, before someone else does.
- Don’t skip the home inspection process. Buying a home is exciting and the process moves quickly, but be sure to take the time to get a home inspection so that you know exactly what you’re buying.
- Keep resale in mind. It may sound crazy to think about selling the home you’ve just purchased, but bear in mind that most people sell every five to seven years.
If you have any other questions, or need any help at all with buying or selling a home, please give us a call or send us an email. We’d be happy to help you!